selkirk RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB, scottish borders
The most popular (and challenging) mountain bike marathon course in the UK?. Yep, we think so, and loads of riders seem to agree - this course was vote 'best MTB Marathon' several times in the last few years.
Brought to you by new management: renowned course designer Peter Laing (Selkirk MTB Marathon - known previously as 'the Merida', and latterly the 'CRC', and designer of several of the world-famous '7 Stanes' trails) and Selkirk-based Durty Events, this is an epic ride through the best trails the Scottish Borders has to offer. We thought that the course, venue, riders, beers, giggles and grins were just too good for the Selkirk MTB Marathon not to continue and grow. Plus, we've got loads of new trails we want to show you. So here we go......
- Choice of 3 single-loop courses (approx. 25km, 50km and 75km) - something for families, novices, intermediates, enthusiasts and racing snakes alike.
- Superb mix of flowy natural and trail centre singletrack, ancient drove roads, mahoosive climbs and grin-inducing descents. Incredible views guaranteed!.
- Well stocked aid stations
- Safety cover
- Free car parking, camping and showers (Fri and Sat night)
- Professionally organised, 100% signed course
- Electronic Chip Timing (Sport Ident system)
- Event T-Shirt
- Town Centre Start
The event is the host of the 2015 British MTB Marathon Championships. This will be run as a separate 'wave' start shortly before the 'sportive' events begin. It will be raced over the single lap 75km (approx.) course. You need to be a British Cycling race licence holder to take part in the Championships. The 'sportive' events 75km, 50km and 25km are open to everyone - no special memberships required.
Selkirk is easily accessed from Central Scotland, North East and North West England. It's very close to the world famous Glentress and Innerleithen Trail Centres (the longer MTB Marathon courses visit the latter!), so why not come for a long weekend of superb riding.
Come and enjoy some fantastic old trail favourites, plus new stuff that we've been out scouting.....
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE 2015 EVENT...
- I would like to thank you for organising the best mtb event ever! They were some of the best trails I have ever ridden, with gruelling ups and superb downs.
- That was one of the best events I've ever competed in.
- What a cracking course, one of the best marathon courses I have raced.
- Thanks for a great race at the weekend. It was absolutely brutally amazing!
- This is an exceptional event.
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE 2014 EVENT...
- From a competitor’s point of view, the event was perfect.
- The course was brilliant a real test. Which it should be.
- Brilliant. Great route. Great marshals. Great food stops. Great hailstones
Read More - CLICK HERE
What they said about the 2013 event....
-Great event and what a course!
-Great course, great event and well organised. Top marks to Durty.
-Selkirk MTB Marathon - a whole new level of AWESOMENESS
-I think it is probably my favourite MTB event.
2013 Results - CLICK HERE
2013 Photos - CLICK HERE